My mind often wanders beyond the here-and-now. I'm probably one of the worst people about daydreaming. It sometimes makes it hard to concentrate on what people are saying. Oftentimes, I have to have them repeat what they're saying because I keep zoning out. Most of the times my daydreams are hopeful glimpses into the future, like getting a promotion or a new job or getting an A on a test, yadda yadda yadda. Sometimes, however, my daydreams wander off into the darkness of what-can-go-wrong. What would happen if I did this, altered that, changed when, transformed where, and figured out how? These are thoughts that I am blessed/cursed with.
The fantasies can last a few seconds, or even about 20 minutes. It just depends on what I'm supposed to be doing. They're pretty much just an escape; a way for me to live my dreams/face my fears while I'm stuck in my College Algebra class.

I gave your fish a little snack...they are a fun diversion, just like daydreams...I, too, find myself pondering the negative "what ifs." Also the "why did Is..." But mostly I daydream about the farm and farmhouse I want to build someday...and all the little animals that will live there with me. :)
ReplyDeleteI hate College Algebra and I also daydream in there. It's a great hour and a half to ponder about life. :)
ReplyDelete