When I read I need to be comfortable (which means sitting in some unnatural-looking position), and I need the lights to be the perfect balance between dark and bright. I will read just about any genre, minus the super-girly ones. Ravyn always tries to get me to read her medieval princess books, no matter how many times I say "Ehhh, no thanks," I really enjoy things like alternate history, or utopian/dystopian futures. I don't quite know what causes my fondness of these reads. I don't think that I write like any certain author, for I try to take my influences from a broad range of influence-ers. I try to have my own style, or as unique as I can be in such a small world.
I taught myself how to read at the ripe, old age of 3. My parents didn't understand it. They weren't exactly stressing a reading program at the time. I just remember knowing the alphabet, and figuring out what words sounded like phonetically by basing it off of the names of the letters. The first thing I remember reading was a pamphlet on mushrooms and different types of fungus. I thought the pictures looked cool, and that made me want to know the names of all the pretty little 'shroomies (as I would call them). My preschool teacher was shocked, for she thought she was the only literate person in an ocean of tiny people. From then on, I got to read during story time. Lucky me.


Oh my gosh, this makes me laugh...how interesting that your first read was a pamphlet on shrooms. :) I love what you say about your preschool teacher's shock that she had a reader in the miniature ranks. Adorable.
ReplyDeleteHaha, Sean, I love the way you wrote this with humor. 3 years old! That is very impressive.
ReplyDelete