Tuesday, February 12, 2013

And the Teacher Vote is in for Best Music Choice...

     And the results are quite mixed.

     Well, I'll start off by saying (typing) that I was very surprised with some of these answers.  I asked several different teachers some of the questions on the handout.  I found out that Mr. Moore is into Bob Dylan, the Rolling Stones, and (oddly enough) the Black Eyed Peas.  He said that the last concert he went to was a piano playing family called the "Five Somebodies".  He also stated that his most memorable concert was a Willie Nelson concert he saw back in college, while the admission for such things was two beers.  Interesting.  Mr. Moore left us off with a pretty great quote, with a lot of truth to it;  "Music is a part of your identity" 
     Mrs. Stewart was less cooperative.  She gave short, one-word answers.  "Eagles," she responded with, when asked what kind of music reminds her of someone she loves.  When asked what kind of music, if any, she finds offensive, she said "Nasty rappers calling women bitches."  Thank you, Mrs. Stewart, you have really opened my eyes to the musical possibilities.
    Our very own Mrs. Fraser was my next teacher to question.  She stated that the song Sweet Child O' Mine reminds her of her childhood.  She told me that she definitely sings to the radio while in the car, mostly jamming out to stations such as 96.5 and 95.5.  She really dislikes ZZ Top and Sledgehammer.  I've never heard of Sledgehammer, but they already sound bad to me.  As for ZZ Top...I couldn't agree with you more.

    

1 comment:

  1. You got some great answers! Sledgehammer is a song by Peter Gabriel (of the band Chicago). I don't know why I hate it so, but I sure do... :)

    ReplyDelete