Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Out the Window

Snow. Snow snow and more snow.  SNOW!!!
Straight ahead I see
An apartment complex, past the grass.
Seems lonesome, dreary, in need of...something

Left there lies a grass field,
blanketed in white.
A few curious blades poke through the sheet

The silver car, usually residing in the parking lot
is no longer there.  Must be off
helping its owner arrive somewhere.

The scene is ever changing, sometimes.
Other times, it is ever still.
It must go with the mood of the City.

Looking straight again, I noticed
the snow. Reflecting the light,
causing a slight pain to my retinas.

Looking further, I see the treeline of outer Battlefield.  I
also see the faint outline of
the oh-so-familiar power plant. 

2 comments:

  1. I feel as though I can picture the scene you are seeing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been looking at some land out that direction to build a farm on...I've wondered if that outline of the power plant you describe would spoil the country feel somehow, or maybe we'd just get used to it...

    ReplyDelete