Friday, February 15, 2013

for time eternal (A Work Inspired by E.E. Cummings)

i love you for time eternal (yes, also those
instances when you think not so)
for you see i have no choice (when i
look into your eyes) i see halcyon
when you walk (outside that is) the
sun stars clouds and moon
all line up to grin (at you)
how could not they (i ask
myself)  for even things without
their own way know that
you are the (lustrous) gem
of this macrocosm

and the curious fact i tell myself (you
and i) are the offspring of ancient
lore.

before, we may meet (somewhere
else) in this cosmos

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful line: (when I look into your eyes) i see halcyon

    I want to steal it. But I won't.

    Enjoyed the Postal Service tune. I've liked them ever since the Garden State soundtrack several years back.

    ReplyDelete