Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Posting Inspired by Photo #8



    Cigarettes.  They really aren't that bad.  I can now admit in front of friends, family, and teachers alike that I am a smoker.  I am 18 years old; so it's legal for me.  Or at least, now it is.  Sometimes when I light one up, I'll get a dirty look from someone.  Every once in a while, said person will take it as far as saying "Hey, you know that's bad for you, right?"  Well, person whom I do not know, your infinite wisdom has just changed my life and my habits.  Thank you.  Of course I know it's bad for me, I mean, I've only been brainwashed to hate cigarettes since I was five.  Many times, this person is of a heftier variety (with us being in America and all).  So a lot of times I think to myself, "Wow, really? You are judging my habits?  Go unclog your arteries then you can (maybe) judge my lungs."  People should keep their own arrogance in check before getting onto me for mine.  To conclude, I'm probably going to keep smoking cigarettes whether you grace me with your disapproval or not.

Cigarettes.
They really aren't that bad.
I can now admit
in front of friends, family, and teachers
alike that I am a smoker.

I am 18 years old; so
it's legal for me. Or at least,
now it is.
Sometimes, when I light one up,
I'll get a dirty look from someone.

Every once in a while, said person will take it as far as saying
"Hey, you know that's bad for you, right?"
Well, person whom I do not know,
your infinite wisdom has just changed
my life and my habits. Thank you.

Of course I know it's bad for me, I mean,
I've only been brainwashed to hate cigarettes
since I was five.
Many times, this person is of a heftier variety
(with us being in America and all).

So a lot of times I think to myself,
"Wow, really? You are judging my habits?
Go unclog your arteries, then you can (maybe)
judge my lungs."  People should keep
their own arrogance in check before

Getting onto me for mine. 
To conclude, I'm probably
going to keep smoking my
cigarettes.  Whether you grace
me with your disapproval or not.

1 comment:

  1. Your lines thanking the person you don't know for their insight remind me of the Walmart checker who, upon witnessing my struggle with my toddler in full on meltdown mode, announced, "Somebody's not happy!" Brilliant observation. Also helpful. Many thanks, lady...

    ReplyDelete